Last modified: August 28, 2014
This policy applies to information we collect on this Website and in e-mail messages between you and this Website. It does not apply to information collected by any third party, including through any content that may link to or be accessible from or on the Website.
Please read this policy carefully to understand our policies and practices regarding your information and how we will treat it. If you do not agree with our policies and practices, please do not use this Website. By accessing or using this Website, you agree to this policy.
Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
We collect several types of information from and about users of our Website, including information:
- by which you may be personally identified, such as name, postal address, e-mail address or telephone number (“personal information”) that you provide to us;
- that is about you but individually does not identify you, such as in response to any survey; and/or
- about your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Website and usage details.
We collect this information:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us.
- Automatically as you navigate through the site. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses and information collected through cookies, web beacons and other tracking technologies.
- From third parties, for example, our business partners who provide ecommerce and email subscription services.
Information You Provide to Us
The information we collect on or through our Website may include:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Website. This includes information that may be provided at the time of registering to use our Website, subscribing to receive emails about our news and other offers, requesting further services and/or when you contact us with questions or to report a problem with our Website.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including e-mail addresses), if you contact us.
- Your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes.
- Details of transactions you carry out through our Website and of the fulfillment of your orders. You may provide financial information through one of our service providers when placing an order through our Website.
How We Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
- To present our Website and its contents to you.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- To provide you with notices about your account or subscriptions.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection.
- To notify you about changes to our Website or any products or services we offer or provide though it.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
Communications from the Company
We will communicate with you in response to your inquiries, to provide the services and products you request and to manage your account, if you have one. We will communicate with you by email, or telephone, if necessary and specifically requested. We will occasionally send you information on our products, special deals and promotions. You can sign up for these emails from us on the Website. Based upon the information you provide us, we will also send you a welcoming email. If you wish to subscribe to our newsletter(s), we will use your name and email address to send the newsletter to you. Out of respect for your privacy, we provide you a way to unsubscribe. Please see the “Opt-Out” section.
We may send you strictly service-related announcements on rare occasions if it is necessary to do so. Generally, you may not opt-out of these communications, which are not promotional in nature.
If you no longer wish to receive our emails and promotional communications, you may opt-out of receiving them by following the instructions included in the communication or you may unsubscribe here.
Usage Details, IP Addresses, Cookies and Other Technologies
As is true of many sites, we may automatically gather certain information about your equipment, browsing actions and patterns. This information may include internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, internet service provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, operating system and clickstream data.
We use this information, which does not identify individual users, to analyze trends, to administer the site, to track users’ movements around the Website and to gather information about our user base as a whole.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Web Beacons. Pages of our the Website and our e-mails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs. pixel tags and single-pixel gifs) that permit the Company, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an e-mail and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- To contractors, service providers and other third parties we use to support our business, such as an outside shipping company to fulfill orders, an outside company to assist in sending you promotional emails from us and an outside company to provide ecommerce capabilities for the Website. These companies do not retain, share, store or use personally identifiable information for any other purpose than for the purposes for which we disclose it to them.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution or other sale or transfer of some or all of SpongeBath LLC’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by SpongeBath LLC about our Website users is among the assets transferred.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it. For example, if you give us an e-mail address to use an “e-mail a friend” feature of our Website, we will transmit the contents of that e-mail and your e-mail address to the recipients.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
We may also disclose your personal information:
- To comply with any court order, law or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of the Company, our customers or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Links to Other Sites
This Website contains links to other sites that are not owned or controlled by SpongeBath LLC. Please be aware that we are not responsible for the privacy practices of such other sites. We encourage you to be aware when you leave our site and to read the privacy statements of each and every site that collects personally identifiable information. This policy applies only to information collected by us as described in this policy.
Accessing and Correcting Your Information
If you have set up an account and provided personal information, you can review and change your personal information by logging into the Website and visiting your account profile page.
You may also send us an e-mail at email@example.com to request access to, correct or delete any personal information that you have provided to us. We cannot delete all of your personal information except by also deleting your user account. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
We follow generally accepted industry standards to protect the personal information submitted to us and/or our service provides, both during transmission and once it is received. No method of transmission over the internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure, however. Therefore, while we and our service providers do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Website.
Children Under the Age of 13
The Website is not intended for children under 13 years of age. No one under age 13 may provide any information to or on the Website. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We reserve the right to modify this policy at any time. If we make material changes to how we treat our users’ personal information, we will notify you by e-mail to the primary e-mail address that we have for you. You are responsible for ensuring we have an up-to-date active and deliverable e-mail address for you, and for periodically visiting our Website and this privacy statement to check for any changes. The date the policy was last modified will be identified at the top of the page.
If you have any questions regarding this policy, please contact us at: email@example.com or write us at SpongeBath LLC, 132 E 43rd Street, #434, New York, NY 10017.